Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mom's 50th Anniversary

This was truly a labor of love for my mom & dad's 50th wedding anniversary. My mom is from Germany and I wanted to make something to reflected that. The little boy with the gun was for my dad. The Hummel designs are embroidered on ecru linen then joined with entradeau and edged in a cotton lace to make a table center piece for her dining table.

A new dress for Riley

This is a Simplicity pattern that I made completely on the serger. I made this for her trip to Texas for Thanksgiving. It was quite fun to make. We did get her nice shoes for the trip :-).

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Baptismal Gown for a boy

I finally finished this project! It is a simple Baptismal gown for a little boy. I used the pattern from Ginger Snaps Designs, Baby Day Gowns Book V. The idea came from a pattern in Australian Smocking and Embroidery magazine.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

A new dress for Riley

On Saturday morning we discovered that Riley only had a jean skirt for the Father-Daughter dinner. A quick run to JoAnn's and a few hours and I made this simple dress for her by our Sunday deadline.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Freebie on Southern Matriarch

Check out one of my favorite blogs, the Southern Matriarch for her freebie padded hangers. This is one of the few sites that I take time to read on a daily basis. What an inspiration.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Maria's Shirt

This is Kari Mecca's Bias and Blooms Blouse made in the same fabric as Amalia's smocked coverall. The blouse turned out fairly cute. Jay's grandmother Margaret gave me the brown Ric Rac from her stash when she moved into a nursing home. I would give this pattern a 2.5 on a scale of 1 -5. There were some errors in it, like the bias neck band pattern was the wrong size and the bias instructions seemed to be wrong. Now on to pleat Riley's blouse so they have a coordinating set.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Riley's Swimwear

Riley is taking swim lessons at the YMCA and managed to leave her swimming suit there. We searched all over for a swim suit that would work for her. One that was the size of a women with a girls body shape. Soon it became apparent that making one would be a better option. This is Jalie pattern #2317. Christmas break and 3 muslins later here is the result. I had a tough time with all the elastic and will need to practice a bit more with it.

My very first smocked anything!

Okay, I have quite a large number of projects that are finished but just haven't been posted. Here is my first completed smocking project. It is a pattern from Australian Smocking and Embroidery. It is actually a version of the outfit on the cover of this magazine. I modified the pattern to have long legs and lined it for warmth. I will go back and put the rosettes on it for Easter.
Australian Smocking and Embroidery

Here is the full view:

Here is just the smocking portion:

Wonderful brothers!

Joshua is a wonderful big brother. His baby sister Amalia was very *cranky* and mom was busy helping the other kids! He picked her up and kept on with his practice. On the topic of sewing, I made her taggie blankie a few weeks ago.