Saturday, December 24, 2016

Jalie 3243 Pull on Pants

Maria is in the middle of a growth spurt and needed some new pants.  I tried the Jalie 3243 Pull on Pants pattern and fell in love with it.  I tried a pair in flannel first and they fit amazing.  They also have good pockets!  So then I made 4 in stretch denim with some embroidery on the left lower leg.  This looks like it will become another TNT.

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Love, Love, Love the Washington Dress

Here are 2 of my very favorite dress pattern.  I've made 4 more but don't have photos yet.  This is the Washington Dress by Cashmerette Patterns.  This is a super easy and fun pattern.  Wow on the fit!

Smocked 1st Communion Dress

This is a dress I made a few years ago and didn't post.  It is one from Australian Smocking and Embroidery, I don't remember the pattern.  Amalia with 3 of her siblings.

Shirt Making Month - November 2016

I've fallen in love with the Curvy Sewing Collective.  Tailored shirts with jeans and a vest are my absolute favorite outfit, very Pacific Northwest.  It was a cinch to participate in the Shirt Making Month.
I went with a new pattern from Cashmerette Patterns the Harrison Shirt.  I fell in love with her Washington Dress and made 6 of them.  The Harrison Shirt pattern is as awesome as the Washington Dress patter.  I'm already planning the next few shirts that I'm just going to have to make.  Here is my wearable muslin, that fits better than any other shirt I own.  A few tweaks and it will be perfect. I plan on making a forwards sleeve adjustment and tweaking the sleeve itself.  Forgive the missing buttons on the bottom I was so excited to get this up that I didn't want to run to the store to pick up another card.  

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Another Jalie #970 Relaxed Jeans

Jalie #970 has become one of my favorite TNT patterns.  Here is a pair for Maria.

Sure Fit Pants for Riley

Here is a self draft of pants using the Sure Fit Designs pattern system.  Riley is almost 6 foot tall and wanted a trouser style pants.  They turned out okay, but I think they need a few tweaks for the next pair.  I think I made the legs to narrow and that made them fall funny.

Sewing Room Move

My mom is coming for surgery soon and Jay and I had to acknowledge that she might be at our place a bit longer this time.  In the past we have rotated the kids around to give her Riley's bed.  So we decided that she needed a room downstairs.  The only available space was my "office".  Jay being the awesome person that he is moved all of his stuff out of his office in our bedroom to the hallway landing.  I took over the space and moved my sewing office.  It was fun sorting through and organizing everything.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Oliver & S Badminton Top and Skort

A new summer set for Amalia.  It is the Oliver & S Badminton Top and Skort.  What an awesome pattern.  I messed up on the top neck binding.  It was totally my fault for not paying close attention to the directions.  It's made in some clearance tutti-fruity fabric from Hancock's and some black pique from my stash. The skort patterns is one that I'll be coming back to all summer.